Sunday Morning: French Toast

Sunday 10 May 2015

When it comes to breakfast I´m not a culinary genius. I stick to what I like, what I know and generally what´s healthy. This usually comes in two different forms; eggs and porridge. Eggs call for their own scrapbook of recipes. I like sunny side up I like them scrambled, I really like them poached. In short eggs are great and what better way to indulge without the guilt than using them for some Sunday French Toast. And for a special occasion (it was my birthday last week) why not accompany it with a glass of prosecco? Talk about student life.


French toast is super, super easy and can feel like such a treat. Keeping in simple makes it actually not all that unhealthy at all. Personally I’m a seeded bread fan but you can use any for your French toast, generally brown or granary is better as it has a lot more fibre packed into it. Beat one egg per slice. I like to add a little cinnamon to this as well, just a teaspoon or two. Add a splash of milk too, I opt for almond. Again it’s a little healthier and also makes the result lighter and sweeter. Then all you have to do is soak the bread in the egg before frying or grilling it for a few minutes on each side. Okay so frying isn’t exactly the best for you but if fry is the worst word on this page it can’t be too bad.

The great thing is it doesn’t take too long. I like to top mine with some banana or berries and maybe another sprinkle of cinnamon and honey. Get back into bed and enjoy your morning. Suggest all your toppings down below!

H XX

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.