Food Finds: Foodoo

Monday 26 October 2015

All on a bit of a mid-week low and wanting to comfort eat on our afternoon off Alice directed us straight to Foodoo. Preaching their calm, comfortable environment and healthy(ish) food I was excited to try something in Bilbao other than infamous pintxos. NB: Whilst I still love pintxos there's only so much of the carb loaded tapas a girl can eat. I guess the name Foodoo is supposed to allude to some kind of food voodoo magic and I have to tell you it didn't disappoint. 




My mouth watered when reading the menu (the night before I have to admit... yes I am that girl). Burgers, sandwiches, chips with an extensive choice of accompaniments and oh the list of salads was out of this world. Needless to say I will be returning and I will definitely be returning for breakfast as their array of eggs got me going.

I loved the decor. Everything was kept minimal and modern. Simple strings of bulbs were lit and the place was filled with plants and jars. It had such a great laidback vibe and the service was also fab.

We all opted for the set lunch menu. It was a no brainer - three courses and a drink all for ten euros which is around seven pounds. That's right - I know you're all now rushing for the next flight to Bilbao and I don't blame you. I went for the chicken caesar salad, hake with garlic potatoes and veg and then brownie for dessert. Whilst the dessert was rather basic my first two courses were delicious so overall I think I got more than what I paid for.






If you are ever over in Bilbao I would definitely recommend this as an alternative to the classic Basque bars. In the meantime we can hope that this little gem grows and finds new homes in Europe. Let me know if you've ever been!

H XX

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.