Sleigh, Girl: Festive Make up Inspiration

Wednesday 28 December 2016

‘Tis the season for velvet dresses, metallic accordion pants and maybe a tulle skirt or two. Once you’re clad in sequins and you’ve styled your Christmas curls the next important thing is how to dress your eyes. I’ve put together a few looks together in case you’re after some inspiration to get you through the festive period.

Dinner and Drinks



The week after Christmas is always exciting dashing around seeing friends and family and fitting in movie days with the leftovers. It’s the best excuse to dress up in something sparkly, or if you’re having a pyjama day why not just add a little sparkle to your eye make up.








For this look I used a collection of shimmering eye shadows starting with a silver. Cover your lid and blend up to your brow bone. It’s fun to play with shades in this look, silver acts as a perfect base for any other colours. I opted for a sparkling blue blending it into the crease about halfway along my eyelid. I then blended a complimentary grey in the crease and brushed a little on my lower lash line, then added a slick of black liquid liner. Finished with a few layers of mascara this would stand out even more with some fake lashes. This is a simple but festive look and you can easily opt for different colours to match your Christmas getup.


Products used: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette shade Verve, Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette shades; Slanted and Dagger, Chanel Écriture de Chanel Eyeliner Pen, Benefit They’re Real Mascara


New Year’s Eve


A festive season can’t go by without a smoky eye look. New Year’s Eve is the most exalted night of the year. It’s a night for Prosecco-induced dancing and stealing a kiss at midnight. In the air hangs the hope for the new year and it’s all pretty damn magical, as your eye make up should be.









As much as I love using shimmery products, such as in the look before, there’s something about a matte smoky eye that I love. I brushed a white shadow all over the lid and into the crease, any pale shadow would work here. I then took a taupe into the crease and blended it slightly up to my brown bone, a grey or purple shadow would also work. On top of this I took a heavy black and blended the two, taking the black along my lower lash line as well. To make my eyes pop I sculpted a cat eye with a liquid liner. Add some mascara and a bold dark lip and you’re ready for whatever the new year will bring. There’s just something about a smoky eye and a flick of liner that makes me feel like I can do anything.


Products used: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette shades; Thirteen and Password, Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette shade Blackout, Chanel Écriture de Chanel Eyeliner Pen, Benefit They’re Real MascaraNew Year’s Day



Whilst many of us will start the new year with a hangover I’m sure we’ll quickly be up vowing to go jogging and drink green stuff. It might not last but it’s the thought that counts, right? To match our fresh new outlook, a fresh make up look. A dewy foundation and glowing highlighter is just the trick for the new year complete with a bright eye look.





With a matte white I covered my eyelid. I then took a copper brown through the crease of my eye and blended it up towards my brown bone. Using a thin flat brush, I lined my upper and lower lash lines to widen the eye. After making sure the shadow was blended in the crease I added a few licks of mascara. Bronzed cheeks and nude lips work best with this brightening look. And now you’re ready to take on the hangover.


Products used: Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette shades; Righteous, Tyranny and Vengence, Benefit They’re Real Mascara


I hope this has given you a little make up inspiration for the season whether you prefer some sparkle or a smoky eye. What are your favourite festive make up looks and which products could you not do without?


-Hattie Cotmore


https://razzmag.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/sleigh-girl-festive-make-up-inspiration/

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.