The Fail-Safe Dress

Sunday 10 June 2018

Last weekend I trundled back to the West Country, which was home whilst I was at uni. My sister, Lyds, is at Bristol uni and I was very excited to catch up over coffee, pizza and a few gins, as well as scout my future dream house of course.

I hate packing. When it came to throwing things in my weekend bag at 7.30am on Friday morning I, bleary-eyed and lacking caffeine, grabbed a few fail-safe items. A true beauty of having a sister as into clothes as you are is knowing you can always borrow a few things from her wardrobe if you're outfit is lacking - which is exactly what I did. My first full day there was spent wandering Clifton village, drinking iced coffee and eating cake. The city was dappled in sun and I had just the dress for the occasion. As we have discussed, I'm a fan of Zara. Something the brand does so well is their basics. I picked up this fitted midi in two colours a few years ago and they have lasted so well. The style is ideal for pulling on when you aren't sure what to wear but want to feel comfy and stylish. I threw my denim jacket over the top (it's Calvin Klein kids, via eBay), pulled on my Converse and embellished with a couple of accessories from Lydia's wardrobe. An easy outfit for a day of strolling.

What are your go to weekend pieces?








Dress - Zara (similar)
Jacket - Calvin Klein
Shoes - Converse (similar)
Bag - ASOS
Sunglasses - Apparently from, "an obscure online shop I can't remember the name of", according to Lyds

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.