Some Bloody Exciting News

Friday 14 August 2015

As you may or may not know as part of my language degree I'll be going abroad from October to May. I applied to work with British Council as a language assistant in a Spanish school and was very excited to be accepted and placed in the Basque Country a few months ago. Known for wine, pintxos (the region's apparently second to none tapas) and it's beautiful scenery. I was hankering to be placed in a city and I found out today that I'm moving to Bilbao!!

Image Credit: Cruising Excursions
I don't know what to do first? Tell anyone and everyone. Post it to Instagram. Google photos, google maps, google EVERYTHING. Look at apartments; currently looking at those close to the school I'll be working in, the Guggenheim museum and Zara...priorities sorted.

What do I take? When do I go? So many questions I have to answer for myself and I'm nervous but so excited to start this adventure and I'll be taking you all along with me.

I'm absolutely ecstatic. I've never been to Bilbao but I have a Pinterest board making me very excited to explore the city. I'll be teaching in a secondary school and hopefully travelling to visit all my friends who will be spread across Europe. I'm planning a post on my year abroad goals so if you have any questions or anything you'd like me to discuss comment here.

Also if you have any tips I'd love to know them as this is so new to me!

H XX

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.