5 Perks: Lemon Water

Sunday 9 November 2014

I started drinking lemon water mainly because I'm trying to calm down my caffeine intake. I'm a religious coffee drinker, americanos, lattes, skinny, hazelnut, CHAI, anything but decaff. In a bid to ween myself off my 'addiction' and an attempt to start the day a bit more healthily I've switched my morning black, one sugar for a hot water and lemon. It's only since then I've looked into why it really is so good for you and here are a few perks I thought were interesting.


1. First of all all that Vitamin C is great for your immune system and it's especially good at getting rid of colds making it perfect for winter morning starts.
2. It's so refreshing and cleanses your system and gets rid of toxins.
3. It's a fab energy boost (who needs caffeine?) and gets you going. It supposedly reduces anxiety as well.
4. It reduces hunger cravings which is why it's recommended if you want to lose weight.
5. And as if they weren't reason enough it's good for your skin too! Water is really good for keeping you hydrated, including your skin and the lemon boosts this with its Vitamin C.


As cliche as it sounds I really think it sets me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Along with a good breakfast I feel ready and energised. Have any of you tried it? Let me know what you think below.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.