In Other News: The Adventure Ball and the 48 Hour Musical

Saturday 15 November 2014

Last weekend was so much fun. I went to the Adventure Ball which basically involved a group of us in black tie at a children’s adventure park. But there were no children and there was a bar. On Sunday night I caught Footlights’ 48 Hour Musical ‘My Father’s Son’ which was absolutely hilarious. Since then I haven’t been up to too much getting my head down and trying to write although I’ve had a serious case of writer’s block.


The Adventure Ball was probably my best night out at university so far. I got out my oxblood velvet playsuit and I’d found a twenties style silver head band in a charity shop so I curled my hair and tried that out. Everyone looked wonderful, we were dressed for a ball. So it must have been a sight to see us all running around an adventure park, throwing ourselves down slides and tip-toeing over rope bridges. In all honesty I spent a lot of the time on the dance floor where the DJ seemed very nineties inclined and I got to show off my Spice Girl moves. There was also a hog roast which was absolutely to die for although didn’t soak up much of the gin as I discovered the next day when I woke up feeling rather sorry for myself.

Feeling a little bruised and very rough I am ashamed to say not a lot of movement occurred on Sunday. I spent a lot of time curled up watching Friends trying to recover. Two naps, five episodes of Friends and a bowl of pasta later I was feeling like it was time to leave the house. Alex and I walked up to uni to catch the Footlights forty eight hour musical. A forty eight hour musical basically involves a musical being written, rehearsed and performed all within the space of forty eight hours. Everyone roared with laughter the whole way through as we watched the lead character struggle with his *ahem* ‘sick dick’ until the kiss of true love from one of his dick doctors cured him. You really can’t make this stuff up. It was such a great evening, everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it raised money for the production of Evita. All round a great success. Check out the documentary here.

Aside from that I have had my head in books and have been getting on with some blogging and my next article for Razz. George is staying this weekend.  We went out last night so today has been a lazy bacon and egg and catching up on The Apprentice kind of day. We’re going to head into Topsham tomorrow so I’ll take a few photos for you.


I’ll try and fill you in every Friday on what I’ve been up to (yesterday was a very hectic day so I didn’t get a chance to post but watch this space). I’ll also be trying to find new things for ‘5 Perks’ and hopefully soon there’ll be some Evita production content! Let me know if there’s anything else you’re interested in reading.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.