Wandering: Paris

Wednesday 12 November 2014

I’m going to take you back a little bit to the beginning of September. I wasn’t really blogging back then but I feel like I should fill you in slightly. George and I took a trip to Paris.


We stayed in a tiny apartment in Montmartre, we were practically falling over each other but it was absolutely perfect for us. We could cook and watch late night 'arty' French films and that was all we really needed. The Sacré-Cœur was pretty much on our doorstep and we were a short walk from the centre of the district which came alive at night with live music and the bustle of locals and tourists alike. I don’t think it gets much better than being sat in a busy little bistro with a glass of red.

The majority of our days began with breakfast and coffee in bed, then we would hop on the metro and go wherever we fancied. We did all of the typical tourist things; the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre. We also spent a lot of time just wandering around and exploring. Some of my favourite parts of the day were just sat outside with an espresso watching the city move. I think that’s what really made me fall in love with the place, just soaking up the atmosphere. After a day of wandering we’d rustle something up to eat and get into bed with a bottle of wine or head out for dinner and cocktails. Although I do have to confess our last night did involve ‘Le McDonalds’. 

Paris has possibly become my favourite city, I know we'll be back and if I get my way it'll be for longer than a holiday. Let me know if you're missing your summer spots too.





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.