What's The Deal With Overnight Oats?

Saturday 7 May 2016


At some point through the Madeline Shaw grape vine I heard about Overnight Oats. They sound pretty magical in a jack and the beanstalk kinda way. But basically you throw some oats and milk in a bowl and hey presto. So what's the big deal?

I love a good health kick/trend/recipe/Deliciously Ella/Madeline Shaw thing but Overnight Oats sounded to me like cold porridge and what was so great about that? Well as it turns out it's pretty damn tasty that's what's so great. You can chop and change what you add to your oats depending on your preference. I used almond milk then sprinkled in some cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. Stir it all up and leave it in the fridge overnight ready for breakfast. I can't tell you why but when the oats soak up all their tasty accompaniments this is honestly divine. I top them with some fruit, usually strawberries and dig in.

Whilst sceptical this breakfast has proven me completely wrong. It's my new favourite and I cannot get enough. Have you ever tried Overnight Oats? Let me know how you eat them!

H XX

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.